New version for CRM2015

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2015 at 9:01 AM
Edited Oct 14, 2015 at 9:02 AM
Just a heads up, I have re-built the solution in CRM2015 and you can find this as a free managed solution on our website http://www.gapconsulting.co.uk/our-solutions/free-tools/the-game-for-crm2015

Versions available for CRM2015 update 0.1 and CRM2015 Update 1 (online).

Notable changes;
  • Silverlight leader board replaced with a HTML5 one that also has configurable refresh rate.
  • Process flow to aid the game administrator in setting up the game.
  • Real time workflow used to generate and link ranks to the game.
  • Game Point Actions to assist with categorising game points for reporting purposes.
  • Utilises the image field on User (player), Rank, and Achievement Type so simply upload your image to show it on the leader board.
  • Updated user guide
I haven't tested an upgrade from the 2011 version to this so it's probably safest to remove the old version.
Feb 18, 2016 at 3:24 PM
I tried downloading the Update 1 version, but it seems like the link for it is broken. I did manage to get the 2015 0.1 version though, so I wonder if there's any major difference on which version I'd deploy into a CRM 2016 Online environment?

After seeing how little CRM customization options there are in the FantasySalesTeam solution from Microsoft (basically just non-customizable configuration entities), I'd like to do a small demo with this solution instead and show why XRM is better than having flashy graphics in an external website! :)
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2016 at 7:54 AM
Hi Jukkan,
Thanks for pointing out the dead link, I’ve fixed it. Sorry I only got a notification of this message yesterday.
No major difference, I just produced the online version from an online org as opposed to onprem 0.1

Yes, I’ve tried the Fantasy sales team but as you say, it isn’t too flexible although has flashy graphics. Strikes me as a ‘lets buy this company just because Salesforce have something similar’. The number of projects we have with sales teams out on the road actually selling is minimal but MS seem fixated on that scenario.

Rob
Feb 24, 2016 at 5:40 PM
Thanks for the link, Rob! I just installed this into a 2016 trial environment and everything went really smoothly. I have to say I was able to set up a game in a fraction of time compared to how much we spent wondering about the FST Preview solution functionality. Having all the data in CRM, updated in real time, available for dashboards, workflows etc. just seems like a much more sensible architecture for tracking user adoption metrics.